RFID locations

13»

Comments

• I've got a chip in each hand and recently installed one in a friend, and our take on it is that it's significantly less unpleasant than your average inoculation. There's some pain upon insertion, but the needle is crazy sharp and good at its job, and once the incision and "flap" are done there's no pain at all while inserting the needle to the right position and depositing the chip. Afterwards some minor soreness but nothing that even required ibuprofen to cope with (though we both took some to minimize any inflammation).

I wouldn't bother with icewater or anything else, you'll just psych yourself up expecting pain. Just get it over with, it's not bad at all physically.
  • yeah you wont need ice water man its no different from getting an iv if youve had one placed before.
  • I have have had my fair share of pointy objects stabbing at me so I'm sure I'll be fine. It can't be any worse then a tattoo I assume seeing how it's only one stabbing lol.
  • Having had a chip implanted in my wrist/forearm, and then tattooed over, I actually found the implant to be more painful. 

To be fair, I didn't find the tattoo painful, it reminded me most of getting my hair cut.
  • Mine tickled till it got to the crease in my elbo then it burned. Hmm guess I'll just have to go for it! On a side note do I have to copy paste photos or link them from a mother page? I feel like I am simply missing the option.
  • Ok change of plans it's happening today if my child will go to sleep long enough to do it.
  • It's done! The wife did it and I must say the only pain I had was during the initial puncture. It was about what I expected it to be. Once the needle was in though it was fine.

My only bit of advice I can offer is take the safety off the needle before putting it in the hand lol. Also I have some after pics just gotta figure out how to upload them. I use an iPad and phone.

@frank go for it man it's only painful for a second and it's no worse then when you accidentally poke a hole in yourself. Oddly that is what your doing.

The ice water was a not a necessary thing you guys were correct.

So I feel I should add I had a small panic attack once the needle was pulled out and almost made myself pass out due to my big fear of needles. Figure that might be a tad entertaining.
  • Also what's the rejection chances on one of these as in being pushed out?
  • Meanderpaul 
    Hi, sorry I didn't reply before, I was super busy with DEFCON. about testing, yes, I check the chips before selling them. You can test them yourself before implanting them, but not with normal readers, because of the very small antenna, the read range is small, and as pointed out, the metal of the needle blocks the reader. But if you have a very powerful reader/large antenna, you can still read/write the chip inside the needle.

Rejection chances are low, put a sticking plaster on the injection site, and try to not to use the hand too much for the next day or so until a scab as formed.
  • That's fine firstly how was the event?

What do you mean by sticking plaster? Like glue(new skin, liquid bandaid)?
  • DECON was great, the biohacking village will be much bigger next year, I encourage people to go.

Just a bandaid is normally fine, that's what I do for these implants
  • I wish I could go to one of them. My only problem is its on the palm so band aids aren't really sticking
  • So an update on my implant.

I had put gorilla glue on the spot that the needle went through to make it water tight

The following day I went water tubing which was probably not that smart but the only thing that had happened was I had slight discomfort later that night. I don't see any thing of infection or bumps it looks no different and there is no swelling.

I believe the implant has either healed up tight or has just about healed up fully now. I still feel a little discomfort when I apply pressure to the area so I'm babying the spot right now and have been a lefty for 3 days now.
  • As an update I am fully healed up and have discomfort/pain on certain occasions specificly while weight lifting. I think the only reason is the location I chose which gets a fair amount of pressure during that.

Overall it is going great no bumps colors or anything bad or sketchy looking.
  • Glad to hear it healed well.  Now you're duty bound to recruit others to get chips (kidding, of course). :)

I'm the aforementioned guy that used duct tape to tent the skin for a chip.  It was my forearm chip.  I actually had a helper that time, but he couldn't seem to get a good enough grip on the tissue to properly keep it tented up.  I guess it's because there's less loose tissue compared to the hand and it just doesn't have as much give.  I applied the tape to the area and had him pull up on the tape.  It worked beautifully.

I would also say that I used pliers to grip the tissue for tenting when I implanted my the axillary chip (near the armpit).  I was alone that time and just couldn't bend my arm right to grip the tissue well.  The pliers increased my reach with that hand AND allowed for a secure grip.  It did bruise some, but nothing severe.

Oh, and I did my xEM with a bit of an audience but no helpers.  That one's in my left hand beside my xNT (the "usual" location).  I did not even do a traditional tent that time.  I carefully pierced through the skin at a very shallow angle, then lifted the needle up and away from the underlying tissue, sort of creating the tent that way (think of it like the top cross support in a real tent).  I would not recommend that method, honestly, but it worked well and can be done using only one hand.

Talking about this is making me want to do another chip.  Too bad I'm not aware of anything novel available.  My xNT and xEM cover the uses I need, and the two LifeChips (xBTs in the nomenclature of Dangerous Things) were really just for experimentation.  I almost wish the axillary chip didn't give such nice readings.  Then I'd have an excuse to implant another.
  • Thanks! I actually didn't have my hand tented for mine my wife couldn't grip it so she did a very slow puncture at a shallow angle. Kinda sucked seeing how it wasn't just a quick sharp pain but a drawn out one lol. I want to put an nfc in the "normal" spot on my left hand next so I can use it for a rewards card (till I find a better use).

I'm trying to get people interested I snagged one girl from my home town she is probably creeping on the forum seeing how I gave her the site name.