More streamlined communication

http://www.mumble.com/

The only problem is that a server costs money.  Either way, if we somehow got our hands on an unused server this could be an extra way to get into contact with each other. 
Tagged:

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I'm all for a variety of communication channels but there's scarce enough chatter to support what we have now.

I'll be in physical contact with @Jack over the next few weeks to iron out the plan for making the site public-ready; accounts need to be reset, external login providers purged, graphics added, and wiki articles written before our promotion blitz.
  • Looking forward to seeing what happens with the reboot. If ever this Mumble thing becomes something of interest, I can guarantee a server to host it.
  • Okay, let's do it. @Oak, will you set it up?
  • The sooner we do this the better IMO
  • Any progress with this stuff?
  • Nope. My partner is stupid busy while out of the country, and he wasn't able to get the Mumble server up before he took off, so my end of it is pretty much on hold until late December (at the earliest). I'll talk to him about it again tomorrow to see if I can get an estimate of how much more time he would need to put into it to have it functioning.