The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Swelling in magnetic implant

Hi! This is my first post in the forum, I joined to lurk a few weeks ago because I was about to get a magnetic implant and I wanted to read about other people's experiences.

I've had my magnet for a little over two weeks and my finger is still considerably swollen compared to to the other finger. How long should I expect the swelling to last? Is two weeks too long, or is it typical? Is there anything I can do that would help reduce it?

Comments

Displaying 1 comment
  1. you should be taking an anti-inflammatory daily still if it is swollen. If you have stomach troubles take paracetamol otherwise ibuprofen is fine. I've had mine for about a month now and it's not quite swollen but the area is still sensitive and a bit uncomfortable to touch since the skin is so thin now. Just be careful with it. I found keeping it wrapped in a bandaid helped me not knock it on things or mess with it. If it's really swollen and painful you may have issues but if it's just a bit swollen that's normal, take an anti-inflammatory and ice it.
Displaying 1 comment