Finally one of the crew and with superglue too!

2»

Comments

• I sadly have to report that I'm down to one magnet. I woke up to it sticking half way out my finger and so it had to come out. It was also fairly uncomftrable. The magnet itself looks fine but i'll be going over with a microscope to be sure the coating is still good and waiting a while till i try that finger again. least one healed well. note to self. do not smash on fry pan, play around with paper clips, and generally be a dipshit while healing nextime
  • ok as promised here is the implant video. 

hope you guys enjoy!
  • Great video! I like the sterile field tent in particular. Good job dude!
  • Yeah, +1 for the field. Also, great calm under fire. I know its a voiceover, but your hands don't shake a bit. Solid work.
  • So I can happily say that the magnet has healed well. no swelling, no redness and the sensitivity is going way up. I can already feel my computer if I go near it, there are 8 distinct pots on it where I get a field. Felt the microwave for the first time yesterday but didn't realize it at first. Thought it was a fan blowing on my hand but when I switched hands it was gone so I realized it was the magnet. This has been such a cool experience. 
  • Update time again. It's been about a month and things are looking good. I've attached a picture. Not so much as a scar. I just found out that a tiny piece of either scab or super glue or something had gotten sealed in the wound and over the last week it was slowly and irritatingly getting forced out. well now it's out and there's no more irritation in the area. Swelling is all gone and sensitivity is way up. I'm not acutely aware of my surroundings and the fields and such that are around, especially metal. I love metal. The pull when you get close is brilliant. As to abusing the shit out of my hands with no issues, I've been back in the parkour gym for 2 weeks with no issues, landing and crashing on my hands albeit carefully. So ya full success I would say. As much as i'd like to get the rest in asap, it really is a big time commitment for healing which I just can't spare at the moment. Will have to find another time to get the rest in but as I do i'll keep everyone updated. Also since we're all sick of magnet posts, unless something tragic or ground breaking happens i'll likely rarely or never post in this thread again. May update it when I implant the rest though.

http://imgur.com/rzNILXX
  • So ti's been over two month and I'm starting to run into problems. Since I do a lot of work with my hands having a magnet in my pointer finger is a bit of a pain in the ass. Gets in the way when I'm climbing ropes and has a habbit of getting smashed into things as I go about my day. So it's gonna come out. But fret not! Have decided on a new placement that I'm not sure has been tried before. If it works out could become the standard placement for those of us who want magnets but work with our hands a lot. I'll make a new post detailing the procedure as it'll be odd compared to the norm due to location. It's going in the top side of my ring finger, right about where a ring will sit. Got some work to do on this but ought to be doing it in the next couple weeks. 
  • I will never understand how people do the implant without anesthetic. I dug the magnet out today. I honestly hated it's position on my hand. Due to my habbit of playing with my hands and the inability to sit still I was always playing with it. Made ti rather irritated which led to pain and swelling and general discomfort. So out it came. Holy shit that hurt. Took almost an hour since I had to take breaks from the pain. I do not advise doing this. Use proper gear and anesthetic. Either way, thing is out so that's that. I loved having it and am very excited to put one in a better location so that I can enjoy it without it being a problem.  
  • Yeah, no anesthetic is good for a budget, but it hurts, a lot. We just used ice on mine, had to take breaks and numb it again while wearing a finger cot. That, and a few drinks kept it almost bearable.