Finally one of the crew and with superglue too!
Ok so as the title says im finally one with the magnets as it were. The procedure went smoothly until the end where I made the decision to switch form sutures to super glue as my wound closure method. Nothing wrong with that far as i can tell and it worked really well. covered everything in triple antibac and wrapped it up in gauze. I found that rinsing wounds and piercings with sterile contact solution works very well as it squirts nicely, is sterile and contains some antibac as well. no bleeding after closure and i've changed the gauze once just to clean it up and reapplied triple antibac. taking Tylenol for inflammation and pain management as i didn't have ibuprofen on hand. Honestly, the procedure is much easier to do than i initially anticipated. no different than working in my dissection labs. I'll keep you updated on progress to see if superglue is viable.
Edit: used 2 m31s 1 in my ring and pointer finger respectively on my left hand
edit2: forgot to mention, magnet was sterilized with the solution that it came with but was diluted slightly with iso to make sure it was well covered. everything was done in a special bioconatinment box I have with arm holes so no airflow.