B10N1C project on hackaday

so I found this, is it someone here?

http://hackaday.io/project/2736
Tagged:

Comments

• Hmm, looks like someone saw the cicada and decided to have a go with the design.

Also: Lead battery, silicone coating... -_-

Interested to see the actual prototype...
  • only a 20mah battery? won't it need charging every 30 minutes or so?
    I agree, looks like someone is trying to design their own cicada
  • more like 5 minutes. So far it's only a design draft. From what i can tell... mixed signal circuit board with high noise digital components, as well as very low noise ADC's. The number of caps on the draft is not even close to what i'd recommend. I don't see any RF shields. Putting 3 antennae ontop of each other and ontop of the PCB, questionable choice. LED and vibration motor will empty the battery in a matter of minutes. Same goes for all the big modules, doubt they all support the required low power mode to keep the thing off the charger for long enough.

All the design problems aside, the EMG part seems interesting. Most of the other electronic in it will probably only cause trouble due to its complexity. Let's observe and learn.
  • Isn't a 3-pin EMG relatively worthless? I don't know anything about that stuff, but I think 3 pins somewhere in your arm don't really give you that much knowdlege.

I could be totally wrong though.
  • if you place them over a muscle, you can get pretty sweet readings from it.
  • @ThomasEgi - And if you didn't put it over a muscle?  What kind of readings?  I am assuming pretty bad.
  • the further you get away, the worse. But even if you place electrodes on the skin over a muscle you can get usable readings. That part of the concept is pretty ok and a good way to get data into your implant. By activating a single muscle you could communicate with morse code. execute simple commands etc.
  • seems pretty cool if it actually works 
  • That would be pretty interesting.