TiN coating at home

2»

Comments

• you don't... XD only becasue the parts are so small. if it was a larger part that's easier to do you just secure the parts from behind with small wires. however for something as small as these that wouldn't be viable. Also heard from the coating company. Their minimum order is set at 100 pieces so $166. which for untested magnets isn't something im willing to spend yet. So i'll have to keep looking
  • Yeah, a lot of money went into prototyping the m31 magnets so that they worked and were coated properly.
  • I can imagine. Unfortunately I can't afford 6-10 hence why i'm trying out my own route. 
  • while you are trying PVD at home... if you shop for sputter materials you may want to get some Platin Iridium too, like 90/10. it makes excellent electrode material
  • I was thinking of that but then got to thinking about graphene as an electrode which is easy to make so I may just do that for electrode needs. although who knows really.
  • there are pacemaker electrodes readily available for sale if you need electrodes. you have to buy in a decent amount of bulk to get a decent price though. I'm sure we could do a group buy and get them at an ok price though. unless of course you need a different type of electrode.