Sutures or CA?

edited February 2015 in Magnets
I'm prepping for my insertion next weekend and have seen sutures used by most in the community. However, a nurse friend of mine said that I should reduce the skin trauma and just use cyanoacrylate surgical glue (or just new super glue) for such a small cut. I'd tend to agree, but with the sutures, the wound will be exposed and allow me to apply antibiotic ointment to and slightly inside the incision to combat any issues with magnet or tool sterilization. When I brought this up with him, he said "well, don't have sterilization issues." 

What are your thoughts? CA glue that's not invasive? Or sutures, that allow for ointment to be applied?

Comments

• edited May 2014
    I've got two magnets and an RFID implant...Each magnet was done with a single suture, and no ointment or treatment was necessary and I pulled the sutures after 6 days on one, and 8 days on the other. A clean incision done with sterile tools shouldn't require a lot of post-op care and feeding.

The RFID chip was sealed with a dab of CA on the injection site, and then a tiny spot-bandaid. After 24 hours both came off and a small pockmark scar was left behind, again no aftercare or infection issues. This short removal period might be an issue for a larger site, such as an incision - you don't want to pull off the superglue and reopen the wound.
  • I'll probably end up doing sutures so I reduce the risk of reopening. I definitely will be putting on antibiotic, though - can't do any harm and could do a lot of good if I nip an infection in the bud.