Nootropics

124»

Comments

• I like new star. I am however, ambivalent about noots. There is still no evidence that they work on people who aren't previously broken (paraphrasing, of course)

You can't really get "out of hand" with racetams... the half life is so small... compared to the other things you have mentioned, this will be not much. Even a "fun" dose is still just feeling a bit more 'crisp'. I think you may be misunderstanding how these things work. You can't like, overclock your brain and get fried. 
  • That's what I was trying to get at. The getting fried part. I did take about 10g last night and had some pretty good focus and I was alert. We were out in the country so I was looking at the constellations. I also meditated and it seemed to help with that, as normally I don't have the patience. As for whether it works on non-damaged people, I couldn't tell you. My memory and focus have been royally screwed because I smoked K2 for about 2 years. So it seems to be working pretty well during my attack dose, and the one time I did a larger dose.
  • edited December 2014
    I've spent some time refining a nootropic regimen. In the process, I've tried just about everything that is out there, including most of the racetams.

I can say without a doubt that noots can be effective. I use Cambridge Brain Sciences site to test. My scores there are 15-20% higher on day 2 or 3 of my 4 on / 3 off cycle. I also test my typing speed daily-- with roughly the same increase.

In my experience, Piracetam is okay, but noopept is much better if you're trying to increase Acetylcholine.

This thread seems to be focused on increasing Acetylcholine, but I've had more success combining supplements that work on different actions and other neurotransmitters.

This is my stack... I buy most of the powders from powder city in bulk, mix the powders and load the capsules myself. I take it twice a day (usually breakfast and lunch).

Its important to have some fat in the belly for a few of these else they won't be absorbed well.

Supplement Action Dose
    Noopept Acetylcholine agonist, + 15 mg
    Sunifiram Ampakine 15 mg
    Galantamine Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor 20 mg
    Modafinil Dopamine reuptake inhibitor, + 60 mg
    Curcumin Neurogenic, + 500 mg
    Piperine Increases Circ. bioavailability 20 mg
    Alpha GPC Cholinergic 270 mg
    Vincopotine Vasodilator 20 mg

Without going into too much detail, the stack is intended to increase Acetylcholine, Glutimate, and Dopamine (focus/memory, learning, and motivation respectively).

Its great to read people's reports, but I don't trust them or even my own feelings wholly. Anecdote is a great starting point, but I always refer to medical studies (usually on pubmed) as a trusted source and to make sure to research side effects and interactions before including the supplement.

A couple points of caution-- 
    • Anything that increases dopamine can be addictive. There is some debate whether Modafinil and Adrafinil could be addictive. I have never experienced any whithdrawal myself.

• Using ampakines or anything that increases glutimate can cause something called 'glutimate excitotoxicity'... serious business... be very careful. In my stack a couple of the other supplements protect against it, so I've had no issues sofar.
  • I have taken many, the occasional family -racetam as piracetam, aniracetam and noopept (I do not know why I never say the active ingredient of which end in noopept -racetam as it is of that family), all the -racetam I've taken (piracetam, aniracetam and noopept) I have taken family combined with acetyl l-carnitine say much power nootropics of this family.

I have also taken piracetam Hydergine + + acetyl l-carnitine. The Hydergine is dihydroergotoxine, a derivative of ergot as LSD.

I have taken all these nootropics each few months and none none! He has done me no potentiating effect of cognitive abilities.

I think it's best to let these substances for which they were created: combat dementia, Alzheimer's and any cognitive degeneration caused by aging.

For me the only thing that stimulates intellectual functions of young adults and mature adults (because young people should not take) immediately is Alpha Brain