Any tips for increasing magnet sensitivity?

RonRon
edited February 2015 in Magnets
Does anyone have any advice on how to increase the sensitivity of finger magnets? Do you think stimulating it with fields like those around laptop chargers has a positive/negative/no effect?
Tagged:

Comments

• Would be keen to hear any tips myself ... Am three days post-op.
  • Wait and don't mess with it until it's fully healed.

I think the only way to 'increase' sensitivity is to learn the feeling more.  Take a decently strong magnet, and wave your magnet over it/around it feeling the difference in the field as you get closer/further away..The more you do this, and the more magnets you encounter, the more you'll interpret the signal in the wild.
  • Thanks @iexiak. Am trying to be good. I picked up one paperclip, a staple and a small coin when I changed my bandage on Day 3. I just wanted to know it worked okay. My piercer gave me a local anesthetic first so I didn't get to test it out immediately.
  • Update: Felt my first EMFs today, six days post-op. Next to the TV, it seemed like the air was vibrating around that hand; the second was more of a static electricity-type jolt from my iPhone screen as I held my implant finger above it to get a reading from the Teslameter app. The resulting conversion to gauss wasn't true but it only reacted to my magnet finger.