@John_NY: "When buying your parylene-coated magnets be sure to inspect them fordamage. I saw at least 2 (of 100) that were damaged in a V&P batch I
I'd recommend using a jeweler's loupe, magnifying glass, USB
microscope, or regular microscope to inspect any candidate
parylene-coated magnet for damage in the coating before you consider installing it.
If you drop or nick them, you may want to move on to another candidate:
my common sense says to check out and sterilise a few of them just in
case you drop one while you're bleeding and shaking.
One consequence of installing a damaged magnet seems to be that you'll
have to cut it out. I'd guess that removing a magnet would be at least
as painful and might take longer than installing it in the first place.
Folks that do group buys should remove visibly damaged magnets from the
pool of available magnets. I'm not sure what method folks will come up
with, but I recommend using nitrile gloves to keep hand oils off the
magnets. I think splitting up the batch with gloved hands is the best
way to avoid damage (compared to using tweezers)."
@Version2: "Parylene coating is done at room tempurature, it doesn't hurt the magnets at all. And Sugru is just silicone for the most part, it's biocompatible, but it's not medical grade silicone if that's what you're wondering."