The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

You can't hurt me, I have really thick skin

So I had an epiphany tonight.

I got an xNT at Defcon 27 a few years ago and it ended up fine overall, but the procedure was kinda brutal. The installer really struggled to get the needle in. He was pressing pretty close to as hard as he could. I was entirely limp too! When it did pop through the chip got placed a little deep for my liking, but it still works today, so wasn't a huge deal.

Tonight I was reading up on how to help clear up ny skin, I have keratosis pilaris, basically small bumbs on my arms. Not harmful, but not aesthetically great.

That's when I saw that it's caused by an excess of keratin in the skin!!! Ive always healed great. I was pretty close to fully healed 2 days after my Titan was installed, and that's with a taser knife fight the night after the install! I just had never put two and two together.

It might be worth it to consider asking about both that as well.as other skin related connective tissue diseases that might end up affecting the result.

Comments

Displaying 1 comment
  1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK562206/

This is an article on hyperkeratinosis. It talks about factors that induce it. There was a whole thread I'll have to dredge up where people wanted to induce callouses also.

Next time you should take laborious wound healing photos. Ooh. Also maybe we could biopsy you at Grindfest and do the histology.

Displaying 1 comment