GRINDFEST 23 - 05/23 through 05/28

Good morning happy campers everywhere. It's time to pack up your tents and bags and head on up to Camp Midnight Special.. which is just coincidentally and conveniently located at the same address as Augmentation Limitless. Yeah. it's getting to be the most wonderful time of the year again. This years theme is Grindcamp. We're in the midst of updating all our resources.. this link may still say 2022 but the RSVP function works great. Grindfest.Org

So I'll be throwing updates up here. Most of the resources at Grindfest.org are still valid. We'll have them all updated and posted soon. We've been planning and organizing for a while but anyone who wants to get involved, we're always happy for help.
Thanks!

Comments

• edited February 2023

Hello, campers! I am making merit badges for Grindcamp. I plan to give them out whenever I see folx pitching in by cooking, cleaning, speaking, making a supply run, or similar. Some of them are just for giggles, and I hope to surprise people with unexpected badges.

They are cut from painted 1/8" plywood, 50 mm diameter, and feature a ring of holes so you can sew them, glue them, or add a pin. I have a solid list of icons, but I am interested in what the community wants to see.

If you have a suggestion, please include an idea of how the icon should look. For example, if you suggest nootropics, you might say the icon resembles the pills from Dr. Mario. Whatever badges I make must be sketched in CAD, so think of simple lines with no shading.

Those who register early will get their name on a rectangular badge.

Another issue is merit badge sashes. So far, we have seen legit Scout sashes for $30 each or flimsy satin ones that would fall apart under the badges' weight. The factors here are they must be inexpensive and not require much work. If I had all the time in the world, I would sew fifty from broadcloth.