LINX Magnet Manufacturing

Does anyone know how the magnets used for the LINX magnetic sphincter are manufactured? The reason I ask is because these magnets are designed to last a lifetime so I would think that they wouldn't demagnetize as quickly as other magnetic implants.

Comments

• Well demagnetizing isn't really an issue. If you're having a loss of strength that generally means your coating has failed. On the other, these are really intetesting. I'm going up order one to check out.
  • @Cassox said:
    Well demagnetizing isn't really an issue. If you're having a loss of strength that generally means your coating has failed. On the other, these are really intetesting. I'm going up order one to check out.

Thank you for correcting me, I had read it was demagnetization in a news article. I hope you learn something worthwhile after purchasing one.

• Just ordered one of these. Ill tell you about it once I get it in hand.
  • > @Cassox said:
    > Just ordered one of these. Ill tell you about it once I get it in hand.

Anything?
  • Yeah. Ive got a write up Ill share soon. Also look into the FENIX system.
  • Theyre pretty cool devices.
  • > @Cassox said:
    > Theyre pretty cool devices.

Yeah I read about those. It's like the LINX band, but for incontinence.
  • Still writing this up, but if you search through patents that j&j has filed since ethilon bought out Torax.. there's some cool tech on its way. Renal vessel controllers and whatnot.
  • Ok. Here you go:

• So the quality and everything still makes me cringe but we're learning as we go with the video making thing.

• > @Cassox said:
    > Ok. Here you go:
    Cool stuff. The next parts sound really cool.