The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

LINX Magnet Manufacturing

Does anyone know how the magnets used for the LINX magnetic sphincter are manufactured? The reason I ask is because these magnets are designed to last a lifetime so I would think that they wouldn't demagnetize as quickly as other magnetic implants.

Comments

Displaying all 11 comments
  1. Well demagnetizing isn't really an issue. If you're having a loss of strength that generally means your coating has failed. On the other, these are really intetesting. I'm going up order one to check out.

2. @Cassox said:
    Well demagnetizing isn't really an issue. If you're having a loss of strength that generally means your coating has failed. On the other, these are really intetesting. I'm going up order one to check out.

Thank you for correcting me, I had read it was demagnetization in a news article. I hope you learn something worthwhile after purchasing one.

3. Just ordered one of these. Ill tell you about it once I get it in hand.

4. > @Cassox said:
    > Just ordered one of these. Ill tell you about it once I get it in hand.

Anything?

5. Yeah. Ive got a write up Ill share soon. Also look into the FENIX system.

6. Theyre pretty cool devices.

7. > @Cassox said:
    > Theyre pretty cool devices.

Yeah I read about those. It's like the LINX band, but for incontinence.

8. Still writing this up, but if you search through patents that j&j has filed since ethilon bought out Torax.. there's some cool tech on its way. Renal vessel controllers and whatnot.

9. Ok. Here you go: https://youtu.be/caY9wgkwTQ0

10. So the quality and everything still makes me cringe but we're learning as we go with the video making thing.

11. > @Cassox said:
    > Ok. Here you go: https://youtu.be/caY9wgkwTQ0
    Cool stuff. The next parts sound really cool.

Displaying all 11 comments