The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Motivation for Biohacks and extreme Body Modifications

Hi!

I am in desperate need of some help and volunteers and hope very much, that you take the time to read this and help me out!
At the moment, I am writing my master's thesis concerning the motivations for (extreme) body modification.
Also, I am doing an excursus to biohacking and intend to do an intercultural comparison.
As I am modified myself and think about getting a Magnet Implant and a RFID-Chip, this is a topic close to my heart and not just science. 
So, in order to reach a cool sample, I really need your support by participating in the online-study!

Anyone can participate! You do not have to have extreme mods or biohacks! :)
The data will be processed anonymously, so that it won't be able to assign data to your person. If you agree to take part and help me out, please click the following link. Here, you will be provided with a consent form before the questionnaire starts. In total, it shouldn't take longer than 20 to fill out the questionnaire. In case it is too long, you should be able stop and continue later by reopening the link with the same browser and device!
It is just important that you finish until you are instructed to close the window!

https://ww3.unipark.de/uc/loew_hsu/672d/

Hoping for the best and
Thanks in advance for your support!

To make it a little more personal:
I am a 26 years old student from Germany, crazy about skydiving, motorcycles, all kinds of watersports and travelling a lot, getting to know different people and cultures. I love to try all kind of new things and am a very curious person! That's it for now... :)