The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Which magnet is better?

I am looking into getting a magnet implanted in my ring fingertip and have narrowed my choices down to 2 magnets found on dangerousthings.com. Either the Titan or the xG3. I like that the xG3 comes with its own syringe so I could do the installation alone. However, I have heard that the shape is not ideal for sensing magnetic fields and the Titan is advertised to be the best of its kind, being coated in titanium. I want a decent balance between magnet sensitivity and lifting capability.

Comments

Displaying all 4 comments
  1. the titan is going to be worth it if you want a sensing magnet.

2. Yeah. Look at the diameter of the XG3. It's huge for that purpose. The Titan would be the way to go.

3. @Cassox have you gotten a chance to take a look at a titan? Samuel has been looking to come up for a visit and he has a few you could examine. Might even be willing to part with one if you're so inclined

4. I'd love to get a chance to take a look! I keep meaning to beg one off Amal.

Displaying all 4 comments