Re-opening critical plasticity periods & brain overclocking techniques

2»

Comments

• Well, That's much cheaper than an EEG... 
  • Idea! I bet we could make EEG/CES/tDCS implants that could be set via bluetooth to induce a certain state in the brain (I.E. sleep aid and wakefulness aid). Might be an alternative to alarm clocks. And So much more.
  • please start a new thread for this idea.
    also, read the sub wiring thread before you attack this idea.
  • edited October 2013
    Right then... Lord Glims hungers for more threads to devour...
    I'll set it up tomorrow. 
  • Well, my first post here....my BG is in medicinal chemistry, and I'm encouraged by the caution people are advising here....
    Exercise works great for me, but of course not everyone can exercise all the time! My personal experience with dissociatives such as methoxetamine have been great - as long as you don't cross the line into la la land....that's fine too as long as that's what you want, and you are accompanied by someone who will keep an eye on you so you don't do anything regrettable.
    I agree - there is a magic there when the dose is just right .... the racetams are good too, as are many other compounds.The usual caveats: Informed consent, beware of addiction, extreme caution mixing compounds! EG, some people have bad experiences mixing MDMA and DXM - apparently serotonin syndrome can result from the wrong combination.
    But the kappa agonists (DXM, the phenylcyclohexylamines, MK-101, etc) seem to be fairly safe, though ketamine for instance can be quite addicting as is well known. I believe the racetams and other nootropics are pretty safe - no one has OD'ed on any of them AFAIK. And you mentioned the 5-HT2a agonists.....yes indeed - but be careful with the ultra potent ones! People have died taking too much of the NBOMe's for instance.
    Then again, I find that there are times when I DON'T want to be intelligent! I just want to be an animal - nature is great for this....just merge with the forest or mountains, and forget all about cognition, social problems, etc. LOL - there's always sex too for this recreation.
    Great discussion groups here - reading them, I feel like I need to go back to school! Best to everyone, and yes, experiment, but please be careful! Cheers.....
  • Neuroplasticity? Look into Dual N-Back training and Phosphatidylserine... Both tools for a high performing memory.