The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Skills Register

If you would like to be added to the Wiki Skills Register please fill in the information below and post it as a comment. One of the members of the Wiki page will properly format and add it. You do not need to supply a slack name or the forum name. This is an option to enable newcomers to contact you if they have a question in the fields you have listed as a skill.

Slack/Forum Username(Please specify which):
Education/Certifications:
Summary:

Comments

Displaying all 14 comments
  1. Forum Username: Satur9
    Skills: PCB Design, Electronics, Microcontroller Coding
    Education/Certifications: BSET, EIT, CID
    Summary:
    Just hackin' away over here.

2. > @Satur9 said:
    > Forum Username: Satur9
    > Location: Philadelphia
    > Skills: PCB Design, Electronics, Microcontroller Coding
    > Education/Certifications: BSET, EIT, CID
    > Summary:
    > Just hackin' away over here.

Added. Thank you!

3. Forum and Slack Username: Moonman0922
    Skills:
    Basic Chemistry, can follow most procedures
    First Aid
    Wilderness Survival
    Steady with a Needle and Scalpel
    Good understanding of medicine and pharmacology
    Basic Electronics
    Woodworking
    Tool Use
    Education/Certifications: Currently pursuing EE degree
    Summary:
    Always willing to learn. If you need a hand with an implant in the northeast, I am more than willing to help.

4. > @Moonman0922 said:
    > Forum and Slack Username: Moonman0922
    > Location: Rochester, NY
    > Skills:
    > Basic Chemistry, can follow most procedures
    > First Aid
    > Wilderness Survival
    > Steady with a Needle and Scalpel
    > Good understanding of medicine and pharmacology
    > Basic Electronics
    > Woodworking
    > Tool Use
    > Education/Certifications: Currently pursuing EE degree
    > Summary:
    > Always willing to learn. If you need a hand with an implant in the northeast, I am more than willing to help.

Added

5. Forum/Slack Username: DarkDJ117
    Skills: (Basic EE, Microcontrollers, SMD/SMT Soldering), (Basic Radio Skills), (CyberSec, Server Admin, UNIX, Linux, etc.)
    Education/Certifications: Currently pursuing EE degree, Diploma in CORE Engineering @ SecureSet Academy
    Summary: Willing to learn most skills. List of skills not comprehensive. Willing to help where possible.

6. Forum Username: Rezlep

Skills:
    - Human Physiology
    - General Medicine
    - Family Medicine
    - Sports Medicine
    - Anatomy
    - Embalming
    - Surgical skills
    - Suturing
    - Advanced Trauma Life Support

Education/Certifications:
    - MBBS
    - General Practice Fellowship
    - ATLS Certification

7. > @DarkDJ117 said:
    > Forum/Slack Username: DarkDJ117
    > Skills: (Basic EE, Microcontrollers, SMD/SMT Soldering), (Basic Radio Skills), (CyberSec, Server Admin, UNIX, Linux, etc.)
    > Location: Colorado Springs, CO / Denver, CO
    > Education/Certifications: Currently pursuing EE degree, Diploma in CORE Engineering @ SecureSet Academy
    > Summary: Willing to learn most skills. List of skills not comprehensive. Willing to help where possible.

> @Rezlep said:
    > Forum Username: Rezlep
    >
    > Location: Sydney, Australia
    >
    > Skills:
    >
    > * Human Physiology
    > * General Medicine
    > * Family Medicine
    > * Sports Medicine
    > * Anatomy
    > * Embalming
    > * Surgical skills
    > * Suturing
    > * Advanced Trauma Life Support
    >
    > Education/Certifications:
    >
    > * MBBS
    > * General Practice Fellowship
    > * ATLS Certification

I will have you both added in roughly 8hrs.

8. it would appear that someone has tampered with the wiki. Until that is resolved i wont be able to add anyone. @cyberlass

9. @Meanderpaul it got massively spammed, I'm stuck on how to delete the current set of spammer accounts but otherwise have reversed the damage.

10. @cyberlass what about a complete wipe of all accounts? After this I kinda feel like it should be more restricted on who can edit it to prevent bad information and spam.

11. Forum Username: Ginny
    Skills: writing fiction, non-fiction, science. Editor for hire. DIY. Crochet utilitarian items. A bit of woodworking, a bit of sewing. Cross-profession use of tools and materials. Think tank. Laboratory testing. Cartography. Map digitizing. Music.
    Education/Certifications: BS in Zoology, MAT (Master of Arts in Teaching) in Natural Science. Extra coursework in Computer Engineering and Clinical Lab Sciences.
    Summary:
    Ginny, here.
    I am a SF writer, non-fiction writer, and Journal-style writer. I can review, proofread, and edit for hire.

I also am a do-it-yourself person (DIY) and have done a number of small home improvement and personal assistance projects to make life easier. I use my needle arts work to make crocheted utility items like a sling mug caddy and a dinner plate carrier in addition to crocheting blankets, afghans, and scarves and more.

I have picked up a lot of information over the decades, and I like to think about how to use tools and materials common to one activity in my project of unusual construction.

12. Forum Username: keira_black
    Skills: fullstack web dev stuff.
    Education/Certifications: just an associate's degree presently. I did finish part of a bachelor's in computer engineering at one point.
    Summary: I read a lot and code and do art, and I'm trans. I have a really rad partner and between us we've a cat, a lizard, a tarantula, and a small army of houseplants.

13. Forum Username: SingularityRising
    Skills: Basic microscopy and staining, culturing microorganisms, lab experience
    Education/Certifications: Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering with a minor in Biology
    Summary: I'm big on DIY projects and love learning new things. Human augmentation is the future and I want to be a part of it.

14. Forum Username: Kuroro86
    Skills: Agile methodology, Planning,

Education/Certifications: Almost finished a bachelor in economics. Scrum Master. Linux fundamentals. Worked in a VR startup.
    Summary: I'm not very good in coding or languages. I'm good at guiding teams to makes sure they achieve the objective they have. Both in person and remote. I do consulting for startups in tech and especially VR.

Displaying all 14 comments