Magnets in a welding shop.

edited February 2015 in Magnets
I am very interested in getting some magnets in my finger tips, however I work in a metalworking shop and I don't know how that environment would affect my experience. I spend many hours working with mild steel, mag base drills (e.g. Jancy Slugger), angle grinders, and mig, tig, and stick welders, both AC and DC where applicable. Voltages range from 0 to 30 for mig welders and 0 to 150 for stick. So the question is, will I feel discomfort or pain from working in this environment 
Tagged:

Comments

• My experience with iron filings say it can be a metaphorical pain, at least... :-)
  • Thank you for the info. I can probably learn to live with shavings, they get everywhere anyway, but it would be most distressing if the electromagnets in the mag base drills pull the neodymium out of my hand.
  • did you implant yet , how is it? im implanting soon (i hope) and as a metalworker also all info is good info , i will be Superglueing some magnets to my hands with a layer of sugru over them to simulate skin just to test them out and make sure they wont get ripped out or go mental when welding ally @ 300 amps