Look for information on long term neodymium exposure

edited September 16 in Procedures
I am look for any information on long term dangers of internal neodymium exposure.

Several years ago I self I planted a neodymium magnet however about 1 1/2 years ago I crushed the part of my hand with the magnet (no broken bones so no need for medical attention) but the magnet was broken into at least 2 pieces. I initially thought I would remove it but I would wait for the bruising to disappear on my hand but after the bruising was gone I still wasn’t having any issues so I decided to keep a close eye on it.

After 6 months still no issues apart from a buildup of scar tissue around each piece.
After 1 year the pieces had migrated together and the scar tissue merged.

While I still haven’t had any issues I have started trying to find information on neodymium in the human bloodstream. Any articles, papers, or personal experiences would be very helpful.
Tagged:

Comments

  • edited September 16

    Here is an article on iv injection of different forms of neodymium in rabbits and humans and its action as an anticoagulant, if that helps any.

  • That is truly irresponsible. Go get it pulled out.
  • Please get It removed. I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't become a very large very nasty problem yet
  • Seriously, take it out. It's not worth the risk at all. Having a toxic metal in your bloodstream is not something you want, especially if you can so easily avoid it. Sure, it may look fine for now, but you could also end up with serious (and entirely preventable might I add) side effects later on down the line. Honestly, for your own sake, get rid of it.

  • Definitely remove it just in case. Even if intravenous neodymium hasn't been shown to be toxic doesn't mean it isn't toxic.

    I definitely think more research should be done on this, but I promise you, it's not worth it to test on yourself, at least not while there's almost no research out there.

  • @al5ike said:
    Here is an article on iv injection of different forms of neodymium in rabbits and humans and its action as an anticoagulant, if that helps any.

    I had a look at this and the results... makes the risk of keeping it in higher than the risk involved in getting it out.

Sign In or Register to comment.