Tragus Implants

2»

Comments

• Couple inches - it could be that, but I'm surprised it worked for as long as it did before breaking. Each of the three times, my friend would build it, test it at his lab (and it would work just fine), I take it home, it works for a bit, then stops. Used the same inductive coil at his lab as I did at home, so it was the same distance away when it was working.

Regardless, I removed all my finger magnets yesterday and am going to try again someday. My friend mentioned it could have been the board itself. What board/coil design/specifications are you guys using? I've been using the Velleman MK190, I'll post a picture of my design when I get home.

• I did a write up of what I've tried so far on the DT forums:
    https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/tragus-implants-and-you-but-also-me/5382/4

I'm much more familiar with formatting posts in discourse than vanilla, so I'm not going to try and recreate the post here. The performance of the necklace coils have not been up to snuff so far. The fidelity is good, but the distance is only a few centimeter at the max power I can justify in a portable application (160W amp powered at 18V). I'm exploring other options.