It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I just did an implant last night of a .75mm x 1.0mm parylene coated n50 magnet. The incision was no larger than about 2mm and closed with regular hardware store superglue. (I had previously tested this glue on the surface of my skin.) I then superglued a 1/16 inch x 1/4 inch nickel coated magnet to the skin, positioning it so that it would draw the magnet away from the incision, hoping that will prevent early rejection of the implant. Then I coated the whole area with liquid skin and covered it with a bandage. The bandage serves as camouflage so that anyone looking at my finger would assume that I just cut my finger or something.
There is some soreness around the incision today, but it is much less than I had anticipated. In fact, it hurt worse last night at bedtime. If anything significant happens, I'll post it here.
I'm not sure a magnet this small will produce any significant sensation, but I'll have to wait until the wound has healed to test it out. Part of biohacking involves testing the limits to see what is too big or too small, right.\? I don't mind experimenting on myself if it will contribute to the total knowledge base on this subject. Has anyone else tried implanting a magnet this small? It's really like implanting a grain of sand. Once the magnet was in place, I had to use another magnet to verify that it was really there and that I hadn't dropped it somewhere.