The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Magnet Implant Issues

The magnet was implanted exactly 3 months ago, left ring finger. It seems to alternate every week where it will be fine, no inflammation, to a week of redness, tenderness, etc. I haven't had any sensations whatsoever. Do you think it's rejected and I need to pull it?

If I keep a band aid on it, it seems to be fine with no issues. When the band aid comes off, redness, tenderness.

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. What kind of magnet is it?

2. https://store.stevehaworth.com/collections/magnets/products/silicone-encased-fingertip-magnet

3. I have similar issues. I don’t think it’s rejection, but you probably did something on accident to disturb it (I work in retail, I find if I don’t wear my gloves when handling heavy freight, there’s a high chance of my finger being slightly inflamed for a bit)

Displaying all 3 comments