The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Biocompatible resin help

I am going to be attempting to make glow in the dark europium glow powder and was wondering if anyone knows of a biocomp resin readily available with a good track record. I will be implanting it in myself first and if everything goes well I will send people free samples if you are willing to pay shipping. All help is appropriated.

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. I'm also curious in a biocompatible resin, was thinking to to a coating on a small tritium vial and inject it on my stern, think would be cool...

2. There are at least a couple people here who have tried something similar to this.

@Cassox has made some glow in the dark magnet implants using a 10993 certified Poly(methyl methacrylate) coating according to his submission form page.

Here's a link with some pictures of these glowing magnets.

@Johnny3D also tried some with borosilicate glass tubes that he was calling The Lantern Implant.

I have attempted to use the europium glow powder to make homemade tattoo ink without any biocompatible coating and it is still glowing after over 6 months but it doesn't glow very brightly or keep glowing very long but I haven't noticed any bad reactions to the powder.

3. Where is one able to get those 10993 certified Polymers without buying in bulk

Displaying all 3 comments