Can your magnet be too shallow?

edited June 2012 in Magnets
I recently implanted a magnet I purchased from Haworth and feel I did a great job. I implanted it plenty deep and have had no issues. My problem is I got addicted to showing it off/playing with it with a strong magnet. I feel I may have caused the magnet to raise closer to the surface under the skin since the tissue did not heal before I started to play with it.

Is a magnet fine being fully under the skin but not deep in the tissue underneath? Will it work properly once my nerves heal? You can't see it in my finger but can easily feel the magnet if you press on my fingerpad.
Tagged:

Comments

• You should be fine as long as it is still fully under the skin. Your stitches are out, right?
  • I have one stitch in still. I did this Thursday night. Probably going to remove it today.

Good to know it just needs to be under the skin, which it is. Thanks!
  • I think I had my stitches in for 10-14 days. You must heal fast!
  • Well the cut is still there after removal. But I don't think I need to put a new stitch in or anything.

I did the cut high abs to the side and make a tunnel to the center of the palm technique. Pushed the magnet down the tunnel through flesh. It shows no signs of trying to move up the tunnel.
  • Ouch! You have my respect.