SSM TiN 3mm disk magnets to be implanted soon

edited June 2018 in Magnets

Hello all, first time poster here. From what I've seen on this forum, there's been some discussion about using Super Magnet Man's 3mm x 1mm TiN coated disk magnets for use in an implant, but no one has actually implanted one yet (correct me if I'm wrong). I purchased 3 packs of the magnets a few days ago (I thought I was buying 3 but I now have 30) and they arrived yesterday. This Friday I'm going to have them put in at a piercing place that said they have done them before. I intend you keep you posted about how they are doing, someone let me know if I should make a new thread post-surgery or not please. Feel free to ask me anything and offer advice.
EDIT: apparently someone did this 3 days ago and I missed the thread, oh well

Comments

• I’ve implanted one. Here’s the link to my experience: https://forum.biohack.me/discussion/2341/supermagnetman-magnet-n55-tin-implant#latest

You’ll probably run into an issue that I’ve ran into where the edge of one side of each magnet have a dark ring. After some testing and using a sacrificial magnet, I concluded it was soot rather than exposed neodymium. I’m curious if you have a similar coating issue as I did. Regardless, I’ve implanted about 8 days ago and it so far it’s healed nicely with no signs of rejection.
  • @antichamber said:
    Hello all, first time poster here. From what I've seen on this forum, there's been some discussion about using Super Magnet Man's 3mm x 1mm TiN coated disk magnets for use in an implant, but no one has actually implanted one yet (correct me if I'm wrong). I purchased 3 packs of the magnets a few days ago (I thought I was buying 3 but I now have 30) and they arrived yesterday. This Friday I'm going to have them put in at a piercing place that said they have done them before. I intend you keep you posted about how they are doing, someone let me know if I should make a new thread post-surgery or not please. Feel free to ask me anything and offer advice.
    EDIT: apparently someone did this 3 days ago and I missed the thread, oh well

What have you done to test the efficacy of the bio-compatible coating?