After receiving a concussion I thought that maybe it would be wise to wear a helmet more often, well I realized that I could just wear one most of the time, especially if it looked cool and had extra functions.
I want to create a helmet that looks like a scifi helmet (mass effect, titanfall, halo, etc.) and that;
- Protects my head (able to decrease force from impact by significant degree, maybe even bulletproof)
- Can filter the air I breath (does not need to be super extreme filter, just filter out general junk, the better the filter the more pleased I am, but if it becomes too bulky/expensive then it is unnecessary)
- Has a HUD with my vitals on it. I would wear some sensors, such as HR monitor to have some cool biofeedback, maybe also include other information.
- Maybe even have it be a digital display where there are cameras on the front and maye back of the helmet that then are displayed on the interior screen, where maybe I have voice commands set up for some different things.
- Possibly have the helmet be as sound proof as possible and have microphones where my ears would be, then inside the helmet speakers, so that I can modify the noise around me to be how I want it to be.
I understand this would be rather difficult (at least including all of the bullets) and that it could even be a touch silly. Yet, I find this a rather intriguing pursuit and think it will help contribute to becoming a cyborg. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I don't really know where to start for this. I can imagine a lot of the work might be done on an arduino, but I simply don't know the feasibility of modifying noises of the world around you and having the cameras on the helmet.