The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Leftover TiN N55 Magnets 3mm x 1mm

I have some leftover magnets that are coated in Titanium Nitride (TiN) with N55 strength 3mm x 1mm.

I planned to have one in each finger but after the first one I didn't like the idea of doing it another 9 times.

I still recommend waiting for the M31 or Cyberise but if you are someone who is impatient atleast use one that has been successful.
I have had mine for just over a year with no problems

If you are interested in them let me know.

Comments

Displaying all 15 comments
  1. Sent you a PM. Thanks for sharing this opportunity with our community!
  2. I've sent you a PM. Shaking with excitement!
  3. I've sent you a PM too, thanks in advance!
  4. I'm curious where these were sourced? Most manufacturers I've attempted to work with are not open to TiN coating on magnets of this size.
  5. I had that problem with the magnets being too small a few times in other countries like the U.S but I got more "it costs a lot of money to use their machine". I was lucky enough to know someone who works for a coating company in Australia.
  6. Would your connection be willing to run a new batch?

If so, I'd like to purchase a few of yours to test.

Let me know.
  7. It's possible but it costs a lot of money to use the machine as its stoppping other products from being coated which in turn they lose time and money. It cost me $800 to use the machine and I only coated 20 magnets and 9 got a good enough coat.
  8. I would like to know what made you spend 800 on 20 and only have a need to have at most 10 implanted? There are much easier/cheaper options.
  9. Money is not a concern for me. There are always faulty coatings im not going to order 10 and hope for the best. I have tried other options they just dont compare. I only had 20 magnets thinking I wouldn't need any more but the price would be the same if I had 50 or 100 hundred.
  10. Yikes, ok - nevermind my thought. Thanks for the reply!
  11. @JDM21 Personally I intend on waiting to get my magnets, but I am curlous, what Machine on particular handles the coating? The one that the company I guess is using for other things and that cost you that much to use? Also, was that in USD or AUD (the $800)?
  12. Once they become available I will be getting one too. I'm interested in comparing them. I'm not sure what the exact machine is called. But I'm sure I can find out for you. $800AUD which is about $590USD. They coat basically anything you want but im sure they wold coat whatever they coat by the hundreds or more depending on their limitations.
  13. If it's not too inconvenient I would appreciate finding out what it is. I assume it's a decent quality machine based on what you've said (sounds like a company using it to mass coat lots of things).
  14. You wouldn't happen to have any left still?
  15. I too would love to know if you have any left.

Displaying all 15 comments