The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Silicone coatings for implant a magnet.

Sorry, if it's question already asked on the forum. I from Russia and i don't know where you can take silicone shell in youre country, but i haven't this opportunity, besause i live in little city. Help me, tell me how i can make silicone coatings/shell(i don't know how to properly).

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. Welcome in, @Titus! :D

You're best bet is to honestly do a lot of research into different threads in the board to learn about silicone and how it's applied. It's usually used for larger implants with different properties and needs. D:

Silicone is not the most ideal coating for magnets, I would suggest researching the Wiki to make your choice, if you be doing this yourself, but Here is a good place to start learning about working with magnets, what you might want to do.. ^^
  2. Zerbula, thank you.
  3. @Titus  i'm not sure where exactly you're at and how small your city is, but if you're willing to hold out for a bit, this : http://forum.biohack.me/discussion/1569/magnet-status#Item_141
     is pretty much the best magnet you can get implanted for the money right now. so if you save up and get this i think the peace of mind you get from having implanted the "top of the line" in magnets  will be very much worth it as compared to the iffy-ness of coating a magnet yourself with silicone and having to worry about wether you did a complete job or not...  
Displaying all 3 comments