multiple magnetic implants on one hand

edited May 2016 in Magnets
This post will mainly be addressing this photo. stuff wont make sense without it.

for sure i will be implanting #4

the magnets i have are roughly the same size as the dots if not smaller so, i had a thought. if i implanted 3 on one finger or a magnet at 1,7,and 8 i could feel electromagnetic fields in a 3D sense easier. just a thought but, i would love more input.

poster comments:

coating thickness on the magnet will greatly effect my location choice

i feel like it would be safer to do one implant on one finger at a time but it would also be easier just do all 3 (1,2,3) in sequence.

regarding the palm locations (8,9) im not sure if the area would be sensitive enough. i do alot of rough manual labor so im hesitant on #9. #8 sould go in on the side and be out of the way. only thing is, there's a large vein close to it and it rather not open it.
Tagged:

Comments

• from what i have heard, putting multiple magnets in the same finger doesn't really do anything because they affect the same nerve. saying that you could try alternating the side of the finger they are located as you go down as you have the 1 main nerve on each side.
  • Affecting multiple nerve lines will get you the largest increase in overall sensation.  Multiple magnets on the same nerve line will yield smaller increases, but increases nonetheless.  Spread of the magnets is useful in getting an overall sense of the shape of the field.

Be very careful with multiple magnets in close proximity.  Magnets don't tend to migrate much in the finger (the skin seems more firmly attached to the layer below and doesn't allow for much migration), but if they get too close together, they can attract one another and cause permanent pinching of the tissue between.  Best case scenario then would just be constant pain, worst case would be tissue necrosis because of blocked blood flow.

I like #9 alot.  In the past, I'd have thought the area would be unpleasant, but as the magnet implant site "matures", pressure on the area becomes far less bothersome, at least in my case.  Might have to try #9 myself.  It will likely be less sensitive than one in a finger, but I suspect it would still work there.
  • edited May 2016
    that's true. might end up trying 1,4,7 and 8 because 9 is alot more vulnerable to damage personally.

if i keep all magnets  on the right side of each finger i think that should be enough space to stop dangerous amounts of attraction. 

i think ill start with just the fingertips and maybe 8, then try 3 or 6

again, it all depends on the coating. with hotglue ive got the size of the implant about 1.7-2X bigger then the actual magnet. once my silicone gets here ill try it too and then maybe some sugru. im mainly just curious as to how tough all the different coatings are.
  • @Toaster, please research coatings before you stick anything in your body. Hot glue and Sugru are huge red flags. If you are suggesting putting either of those under your skin that tells me you haven't done enough research. Dig through the forum and you will see that no one uses it. Dig further and you'll find out why. Or just take my word.
    It's great that you're willing to Guinea pig coatings and no doubt something will turn up but you're talking about material that's already proven BAD.
    We're looking out for you. Start reading.
  • ive ordered medical grade silicone as well. im trying hotglue and sugru just because.

im going to try 2 different silicone coatings and attempt to coat one in gold. again, ill see how all of them look/ test the durability of them before sticking anything in my skin.
  • edited May 2016
    why cut yourself open risking infection and permanent nerve damage and eventual rejection of the implant "just because?"
  • to clarify, i will not be putting hotglue or sugru coated implants into my body. i only coating magnets in them to see how thin or even i can get it. its just something to do to keep me occupied till the silicone gets here.
  • @Toaster, thank goodness. We'd hate to see you do something silly. Testing your hand at coating seems like a good use of time.
  • Not trying to thread jack but how hard would magnets about 1/4-5/16in be to implant in the palm? I ask because I have a security system that will depend on RFID and biomagnets.
  • @Toaster! ;_; Please please read the wiki. I even like... complied some of this stuff when I researched it and wrote a little bit of it just to help people like you. #_#

http://wiki.biohack.me/Magnets
    http://wiki.biohack.me/Misinformation
    http://wiki.biohack.me/Coatings

Have fun :3

@JohnDoe the size doesn't sound like it would be... impossible >~>... but that's getting pretty big. Remember the larger the magnet, the more surface area leverage works against it if it is impacted under force, the less efficiency you get from volumetric expansion, and the more blood flow you are stopping.

What I would be worried about is in the palm, there's a lot of movement and systems going on there.

Look at all those creases in your hand, on your palm. I'm no @Cassox, but I'm pretty sure if you stick a rock under one of those it will at the absolute least cause impeded movement, discomfort, and/or tissue damage. It's also an extremely high traffic area, at least in my life experiences. You're also extremely close to tendons, depending where. So many more variables than the finger. >~<

I don't know enough about anatomy to declare, but my two cents would be if it's possible to put somewhere safer, would really suggest it. ^^
  • Thank you! That's why I ask questions, I got the money for my magnets going the bank. Once things calm down I will be getting them!