*PREP: Splinting a Finger? and other questions...
Hello everyone, ^^
Another question (Or three... Or seventeen... X_X) in regards to preforming the magnet implant(s, I will be doing two). I have been starting to amass my supplies, wish to double check on everything for any suggestions or red flags. D: Call me a fool if you see something wrong, please. Please!
- Any disadvantage to using an aluminium alloy full-finger splint to protect the finger (Other than inconvenience) after surgery for a week or two to isolate and protect from collisions at the worst times? REALLY want to avoid getting a rejection after doing so much study and prep to make some stupid movement that wrecks all the work. I tend to be extremely active, I don't mind looking like a dork if it means it stops me from accidentally messing all this up. `_`
- 91% Isopropyl Alcohol... Appropriate general-purpose sterilising agent for tools that need to be sterilized / immediate surgical area / final operating surface prep / anything else that needs attention/sterilization? Or is there something better / more ideal to use? I hear about Chlorohexidine a bit here, It;s not something I have worked with at all... Is it much more effective than 91% Isopropyl?
- "New Skin" Liquid bandage... Any good as an adhesive to keep the area sealed in lieu of sutures? Or is it not going to be idea compared to other adhesives. As a branching question, is there a significant advantage to using sutures over adhesives that will promote a measurable increase in success, using one to another?
- Utilization of Lidocaine... I have never used it before. Obviously, get it perfect. IF it gets into a vein, what do I do? Poison control / ER or just make sure I feel okay? Also, using the same needle from one finger to the next, is this a big No No? I will be needing to nerve block two independant fingers.
- In regards to enlarging the pocket after making the incision, the highest degree of efficiency is to use the back, blunt edge to undermine/remove the material? Or would it be best to use another modified tool/designed tool?
If you wish to help, answer any questions you wish to. ^^ Of course, I am still always doing more research, this is not my FINAL plan, this is my current position, and I am still always gathering more information, and I still have a good amount of time to engorge on what else I can find. Watching @AlexSmith's progress on his M31's, really interested on their lack of Ni coating.
I will be locating a pair of TiN M31's into my fingers, one on each hand, onto each ring finger, outer facing edge. These will be my first implants, I will ideally preforming both at once, myself, and maybe with a person or two spotting/waiting in case i make a mistake. (I don't exactly trust their ability more so than my own, but they are still extra hands should i need extra hands :D)
I kinda pride myself on being the person who's there and usually reacts to people getting injured first among my group of friends. I don't mind blood, i don't mind doing the incisions and work on myself from the intimidation standpoint. Nerve blocking should make it even easier, not feeling pain throughout it.
But I fully respect that i am in no way trained or experienced as a medical responder or surgeon. I have confidence in my abilities, but I also understand I am extremely naive. Any advice or suggestions are always appreciated. I love knowledge.
Thank you everyone, and please don't work too hard.~~ ^^