Memory

So I've been told by my sister and my family many times I repressed my entire child hood and to a degree I agree. The problem is I don't know why and no one can tell me why. I don't particularly want to talk to a shrink or believe in hypothesis but was more curious if there is a nootropic that has been shown to aid in long term memory retrieval. I have fragments from my childhood but have no actual timeline or real full memories. (26 years old now).

This seems like a stretch to me that some nootropic is out there that could help me "unlock" my forgotten memories.
Tagged:

Comments

• Not necessarily at nootropic dosages, but psilocin has been noted to occasionally cause users to relive forgotten memories. Assuming these memories are traumatic, you'd also be in a mind-state most likely better equipped to integrate them.
  • As interesting as that sounds I do pride my Self on being clean (drug wise) is there an equal legal side that can be obtained?
  • If legality is your criteria for being "clean", (please do not take offense) 4-AcO-DMT (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-Acetylpsilocin) would be worth looking into. It is not specifically scheduled.

Other than a 5-HT2A agonist, I don't know of anything notable for having your desired effect, although it shouldn't hurt to up your choline intake. Maybe try Bacopa or Oxiracetam.

I would imagine meditation might help as well.
  • No worries I don't take offense to much ;). Thank you for the info I'll check that out out too. On a side note you got me thinking of growing mushrooms now.
  • edited January 2016
    @meanderpaul Definitely check out sensory deprivation tanks. I've read of repressed memories coming forth while submersed. Its along the lines of meditation.
  • I'll take a look at that I'm always game for new things thanks!
  • For what it's worth I would talk to a shrink, I have had to do it in the past. The key is to find one you can trust. The reason I recommend talking to a professional is that my concern is that emotion could influence your memory. So what you remember may or not be true, or worse it could be a mix of both.... That's just my thought.

Sincerely,
    John Doe
  • I think that would have to be a last resort...I don't really trust doctors. Thank you guys for the input though.
  • I hope it would be usefull to you.
    I`ve been using piracetam drug for quite long period and, if taken properly, memory increase, including old memories, can be achieved. Have to mention, that this drug is believed to work through mitochondrial activity increase in neuronal cells, causing cerebral metabolism increase, thats why proper nutrition and some activity recommended.