The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Magnet Stings

I havent been on in awhile, but ive noticed this a little bit ago. When something is pressed against my finger in a certain way it causes it to feel like its being poked with a needle or pinched maybe. Its not like super painful or anything, just like a pinch on my finger tip. I have two magnets, but this is only happening in one finger. I have had them for about a year now. They are pareylene coated and were inplanted by Brian Decker. Just wanted to make sure the biocoating wasnt like deteriorating or anything. Thanks for any help!

Comments

Displaying all 6 comments
  1. Colour changes, redness, swelling, etcetcetc?
  2. Watch it very closely.
  3. Nope, no discoloration or anything. The pain is occuring around the incision sight, which i think is weird because the magnets not very close to were my finger was cut open.
  4. I have a few scars on my fingers that do this, mostly from exacto slices. I think it's probably nerve damage, but it never bothered me enough to go to the doctor.
  5. It's probably that, where my failed attempts are, big scar tissue, it's sensitive.
  6. Well good, as long as its not my magnet deteriorating then it doesn't bother me.
Displaying all 6 comments