Supercapacitors

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4AkVj-qnJxNtKuz3rkq16A

The company this guy works plans to release a supercap-based mobile phone power case (i.e a case with power) with the equivalent of 5000maH capacity.

Tagged:

Comments

• ya he's the guy i've based a lot of my research around and gave me the kickstart. I've almost figured out a recipe just as goo as his and am only a month or two off from being able to use the same tech for implants. 
  • Pics and docs or it didn't happen :P
  • Yeah, that's a bold claim - awesome if true, but gimme evidence.

You could make a killing if you've got a real competing product to this one.
  • the guy basically gives a recipe for his if you watch all of his videos. I've spent weeks going over everything he's done trying to figure out how it's done and reverse engineer it. He actually encourages that and a few other people have tried it out which is why I was able to move so quickly. I could see what others have tried that works or that doesn't work and figure it out from there. Currently my supercapactor i about 10cm square an only a single layer thick as a test and i've got it up to 1.2 volts. that may not seem like much but it's a supercapcitor, they don't typically go to a high voltage. And thats using blatantly the wrong materials (non water permeable resin screws with charge collection). I just went in to the electron microscopy lab as I mentioned in another post to verify all the nanoparticles i'm making are what I think they are. And since they are and they all have crazy surface areas most make decent capacitive materials but some are better than others.

there are a few different materials I'm working on. The first as I mentioned was copper sulfide. High quality copper sulfide has a capacitance of 200 farads per cm^2 in it's natural form. I'm trying to find the paper for that statistic so gimme time to dig through my research. But that's the baseline. The way you increase that is to use various techniques to essentially fuse particle of either copper sulfide or one of the other materials i'm looking at either to graphene or you can make it grow into nanotubes which ups the capacitance. 

The only real issue i'm having isn't even my capcitive materials. Hell i'm a week or two off from growing vertically aligned carbon nanotubes and those have such a ridiculously high capacitance it's actually comical. So that will likely be used as well. my issue has been the carrier liquid. I need a better resin to hold the nanoparticle but still be permeable. I've got a few ideas but it still needs work. 

I don't actually think i've made a thread about it yet but i'll be presenting some of my research in February at bodyhackingcon 2016. this was one of the projects under consideration to be revealed then. I'll be unveiling 3 projects. the first and second are already chosen but the third is up in the air and depends on which project I can get working properly first. if this works out it could be one of them. it's either that or carbon nanotube muscle wires i'm working on. so it's not actually that big of a claim. The capacitors i've been making just keep getting better. I'm now able to quickly make graphene films with really low resistance as the base plate for the capacitors (makes the thigns work way better), the capacitave materials get better by the day and I'm waiting on a piece of kit to make it significantly better. Gonna use sonochemical synthesis to decorate grapehen with the capcitive materials amongst other things. Once that's done all I need is a better carrier and electrolyte, the latter of which i've already figured out. SO ya i'll be working on it more this weekend and i'll post progress but like i said, i'm a month or two off from his level of power but currently i'm already doing pretty ok.