The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Transdermal: Why it doesn't work, how we can make it work.

Comments

Displaying comments 61 - 77 of 77
  1. May I ask is that implant coated?
  2. @JohnDoe, yah it is. That is the point of this thread/experiment. To test the coating
  3. Okay now I know what to ask, for the hydroxyapatite did you use ashed bone or did you synthesize it from Calcium hydroxide and phosphoric acid? @glims you said you applied it useing HV were you trying to electrostatics you deposit it? Like when you use a balloon to make a girl hair stand up?
  4. It was made by coprecipitation of ammonium dihydrogen phosphate and calcium nitrate using ammonia to precipitate it. That was then dried and mixed sodium silicate to form a smooth liquid that can be painted on easily

5. Thank you
  6. @Chironex Does this material that could store well like paint or was it more like a 2-part epoxy? Also if I may ask as to what amounts did you mix the Chems to? I am revisiting injectable magnets after seeing your success with this new coating.
  7. It's more like 2 part epoxy if you only make a small amount. Also I wouldn't use this on a magnet. It's meant for transdermals only. I'm working on a version for regular implants. Will keep you posted. 
  8. @chironex any news/progress on this. I'm highly interested for multiple reasons.
  9. So many things have changed on this since anything was last posted. Chironex is going full retard with a bunch of slides for the bodyhackingcon. I'll hassle him when I see him to give a full and comprehensive update.

Suffice it to say, research and experimental techniques are slow. Many setbacks, a handful of breakthroughs.  Updates soooooon

10. So what I've got so far. Switched from big implant to microdermals for the sake of testing coatings. Been experimenting with chitosan based coatings and it seems to he going well. I implanted a coated microdermals into a friend and am digging it back out today to check the coating and see how it held up. Pictures and such will come in a bit. Its been healing niicely so far. The chitosan layer gets coated with dilute sodium silicate. Which gets turned into hA in the body. So chitosan acts as a matrix, ha encourages tissue in growth as well. Simple and easy to use. So hopefully it held up nicely which it seems to have
  11. that's promising. I'm quite excited about it in general. How about exploring pre-coating surface treatments? You mentioned the requirement to roughen things up for better adhesion. Would sandblasting be a good option? Especially for more complex geometry and the ability to mask areas.
  12. So I don't know when/if the talks from bodyhacking con will be uploaded but I made a video that covers one part of the talk (the transdermal project). It details a lot of what's been posted here as well the implant procedure and the progress of the project. LINK
  13. Anything new on this? I still crave a transdermal "something", and eagerly await a coating that makes it long-term-feasible.
  14. It's been pushed to the back until I finish some of my other bits and get settled in a new lab. Working my ass off to get the battery and nanobots made.
  15. Seems reasonable, best of luck with things.
  16. What's the status of this? I'm interested in something bigger depending on how this 'paint' turned out.
  17. Just thinking of other possible solutions to the transdermal problem...

Could a transdermal be wrapped in a pocket of skin? with perhaps a small patch of transplanted tissue from the inside of the cheek or other mucus membrane in order to generate a small but constant outward flow of fluid for self cleaning purposes?

I'm thinking of a much smaller version of the procedure used to produce a neovagina in m2f gender re-assignment surgery.
Displaying comments 61 - 77 of 77