The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

tips on undermining?

I tried implanting last december on two fingers but messed up the pocket creation.  Everything up till that point went well.  I was following cassox's blog, did the digital block.  I used a 11 scalpel to create the incisions and tried using a pair of iris scissors to undermine.  I thought I'd have wider margin for error that way.  But I couldn't get the skin to seperate from the underlying tissue.  Ended up poking through the skin and out a few mm below the incision.  On both fingers.  

From what I understand its like trying to "skin" your finger to make the pocket?  Im gonna try again once I can get off work for a reasonable amount of time.  I'd appreciate any advice on creating the pocket. 

Comments

Displaying all 2 comments
  1. See I personally never understood the need for the scissors. When I tried shoving a probe in the cut nothing happened. I am however good with a scalpel. I suggest if you're going to try again, get good with one as well and just use that. Feel free to have a peak at my implant video. Maybe it'l help. If you've done dissections then yes you could sort of compare it to skinning. The idea is gently separate the underlying tissue which can either be done with a blunt object, lots of force and frustration, or just use a scalpel and be a careful.
  2. I second this. Use a scalpel and just gently work your way through the subcutaneous layer. Basically, if you aren't using something with a cutting edge, you end up needing to put so much ooompf into it that you end up punching holes. 

In addition, using blunt tools for a surgical procedure increase the chance of rejection due to just your basic (micro) blunt force trauma.
Displaying all 2 comments