The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Donate Bitcoin for Biohack.me's new server

As you may have noticed, there is now a Bitcoin wallet for Biohack.me.

Any funds collected into this particular wallet will be used for the purposes of provisioning a new server for the next incarnation of Biohack.me (and paying for it thereafter). Our target is to find a host for around 10-20 USD / month, so I'd like to collect 40-60 USD worth of Bitcoins (~0.15 BTC at current rates) before setting anything up to have a healthy buffer.

You can check the balance of the Bitcoin wallet here: http://ledger.biohack.me This site runs a small program that fetches the current balance of the wallet every 3 (+/-) minutes. The source for this application is available here, for those that are interested: http://github.com/biohack-me/coinbase-ledger

This is a bit of an experiment to see how using Bitcoin can make the community someone self-sustainable. I'd like this to also be as transparent as possible concerning gathering and allocating any funds donated by the community. When/if there are any donations to the wallet I'll add a log of (anonymized) incoming and outgoing transactions to the "ledger" site.

(There are currently no plans to collect donations through any other channel, neither government currency nor "altcoin".)

Comments

Displaying all 4 comments
  1. I sent some...don't have much, but something
  2. I don't think i was supposed to say that....i'm terrible at this
  3. Looks like I finally have a use for my dogecoins :) once, well, I find an exchange that lets me swap em out. This is good news though!
  4. Thanks rodya. Every bit helps.

Don't worry, pseudo-anonymity is just the default not a requirement. ;)
Displaying all 4 comments