The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

London Grinders

Hi guys, I'm a newcomer to this site looking to implant a chip and maybe a magnet in the near future. It's been really great to read a little bit of this forum, thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences!

At the moment before I undergo a procedure, I'd quite like to have a face-to-face chat with someone who has the magnet implant. I've spent a little time researching Transhumanist groups in my area (London, UK) but as far as I can tell they are all defunct, so I don't know how I would go about meeting someone.

Dangerous Things lists a piercing partner in Southampton, which isn't hugely far away, so there must be some bio-hacking activity around, but in general most of what I hear seems to be US based.

Does anyone know of any biohacking or transhumanist groups in the UK, or indeed have any advice on sourcing safe materials and finding a suitable professional to perform the implants in my neck of the woods?

Cheers,
Jesper

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. My right hand was done by Samppa Von Cyborg based out of London. He uses a piercing needle method and his magnets are some of the strongest I have found. I can lift a fork off a table or a mini tin of altoids.
  2. How big is it? That sounds immediately fishy and dangerous. Anything strong enough to pick up a fork will be doing serious damage to your tissues  every time you do it.
  3. I have one of Samppa's magnets implanted, also using the piercing needle method, implanted by Iesty at Divine Canvas.

Jesper - have you looked at the wiki here? Iestyn is listed on there, and some other London people might be. That's a starting point; he might be able to help.

Roni at Extreme Needle in Leicester Square might also be able to help. As might Alba at Never Say Die! in Croydon. They both do magnet implants.

If you do some research, you'll find a few more in central and suburban London.

Drjaaz - My magnet, and presumably ForrestFerroX's is about the size of a grain of rice, coated in PTFE I think. Mine can pick up very small cutlery (think butter knives, caviar spoons, cheese knives, etc.), but can only "tilt up," or drag around most full-size cutlery.
Displaying all 3 comments