The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Constant emf bad for healing?

I implanted my m31 after I got it in the mail, a couple days later while working I felt a strong vibration while using a big 120v drill at work. I'm curious if the constant vibrations caused by the emf could cause a rejection?

On a side note it did reject, but after I accidentally hit my hand pretty hard on something else.

That's the drill I'm talking about. 

Comments

Displaying all 4 comments
  1. I wonder about this too since I dabble with wood working in my free time. Really what I am asking, and maybe you too IDPS, is how much movement can the finger handle during the different stages of the healing process?
  2. I'm staying away from that drill during the healing process from now on. But yeah that's a better way to ask :P
  3. for the first week you should be staying away mechanical stimulus for sure.
    the answer to how much can it handle is - as little as possible
    the answer to does the drill make it worse - yes

it may be done in your kitchen, it may be homebrew, but you have just undergone minor surgery. please act accordingly.
  4. Got it. Thanks for all your help @glims
Displaying all 4 comments