The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

READ THIS—The future of biohack.me—UPDATED 10/Oct

Comments

Displaying comments 31 - 42 of 42
  1. @Jack According to the Shallot docs it will take 2.5 years on a 1.5 Ghz CPU to generate 9 chars. However I think its possible to use a octo-core Xeon 3.2 Ghz to do it in a reasonable amount of time.. I have access to a server like that, i'll see what I can do.
  2. Well, since it's a probabilistic estimate maybe we'll get lucky ;)
  3. Well, the server thing didn't work out, just got replaced last weekend. Anyway I have a machine running right now 24/7 to generate biohackme*******.onion. Will take approx 55 days.. I'll check in when I'm done.
  4. @AMNESIA Excellent, thank you.
  5. FYI, https://discuss.biohack.me is failing and loading a CloudFlare error page. insecure (http) still works (obviously)
  6. Just a quick update on the tor onion address that is still being generated.. The process has been running for the past 23 days, that means I'm almost on 50% of my approx time of 55 days to generate the biohackme********.onion address..
  7. Server upgrades are now deferred pending a resolution in funding the upgrade.
  8. @AMNESIA  any luck with the onion address?
  9. @Jack, Unfortunately the server had a power outage and the UPS was not able to hold long enough for the power to be restored. It's running again..
  10. From the beginning?
  11. Well, when 'bruteforcing' .onion addresses there is no beginning. Tries are random so it could be found tomorrow, or in one year. Who knows.
  12. Anything not already implemented from the list in the OP probably won't be, so I'm closing this discussion.
Displaying comments 31 - 42 of 42