The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

M31 Write Up

Ok, so this is a significantly updated version of an earlier blog I wrote regarding magnets. If anyone has input, information requests etc. Please let me know. There are tons of factors regarding magnets that I had to cut out lest I make it a straight physics lesson. I'm not terribly happy about the use of units for example. I chose the most appropriate measure for each section such as pull strength/ gauss / oersted/ what have you. I can write up a little addendum regarding how these numbers are dervied or calculated and how they related but when I tried to do it within, it just made it far too lengthly about peripheral concepts.

http://augmentationlimitless.blogspot.com/

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. The user and all related content has been deleted.
  2. Very nice.  Your blogs are a pleasure to read.  I did spot an error near the end, however.  I suspect its more a typo than a genuine mistake, however.  The Andromeda Galaxy is 2.5 million lightyears (14.7 quintillion miles) away as opposed to 2.5 million miles as you've written. (EDIT -  I see that you've spotted the error and fixed it now)

Thanks for another good read.
  3. Yikes. Thanks for the catch. Bit of a difference there, eh?
Displaying all 3 comments