The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

How long before you had your first sensation?

I decided to join the club about two weeks ago. I got a magnet implanted in my left ring finger, done by a piercer. And I was just wondering what your experiences with this are. I have not had any kind of sensation, it's healed very well, almost no sign of a cut. But not so much as a tingle. 

Comments

Displaying all 12 comments
  1. Could you describe what you are doing when you expect to get a sensation? If you just mean "i'm walking down the street and i can't feel the cellphones of the people I walk by, then please read up on the board here about what one can expect and when they can expect it. 
  2. Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure that the magnet stayed inside the incision?

It seems odd that there would be no sensation at all. While I do not yet have any implanted magnets, I have experimented with them a lot and have been amazed by the amount they vibrate even when just coming within 6 inches of an operating microwave.

I guess if your procedure resulted in a greater amount of nerve trauma than normal you might experience a lack of sensation for a little while until the nerves try to heal.

Again, I am by no means an expert here. So please take my comments with a grain of salt.
  3. I wasnt expecting to feel everything around me. and i know the scar tissue needs to heal, but according to everything on the board i should have been able to feel a microwave or my computers PSU. so far...nothing
  4. Let's start with the basics first: What sort of magnet did you get? How was it implanted? And can you perform "party tricks" with it?
  5. i got the steve haworth (here) it was implanted here  i can pick up a paperclip, not much more. also i got it implanted Aug 11

6. Had wondered if you'd got a super-strength or Magician's magnet, which doesn't react as well with EMFs. But obviously that's not the case. It might be that your sensation will take some extra time to develop - for some it can be 12 months before they get full use of their implant - keep training it and let us know how you get on.
  7. okay. i felt the most tiny tingle near the microwave. not much, but that was all i needed for reassurance that i didnt get a dud
  8. In the event that one happens to have a dud. Best approach to get it swapped out with another magnet in the same finger? I know I have asked in previous threads however there never was a direct answer so I still am not sure best approach.

9. Not to beat a dead horse, but the haworth magnets kinda suck. We tested them out and @Amal tested the strength against the m31. It's not even funny how weak they are.
  10. @Proxy: That depends on who you talk to, who did your implant and how well it healed. Some body piercers won't work with scar tissue, others may insist you wait a year before getting it redone, some will suggest you pick a different spot in that area for reinsertion. As far as I know, there's no definitive answer that covers everyone.
  11. @glims It is possible that I have a dud however I can sense one or two things faintly so it sounds like it most likely is just what you mentioned with it being that terribly weak. Only having to beat a dead horse because I cannot remember a direct statement about the ratings between different sources.

@kjwx Ahh gotcha I understand now and that explains the different opinions. As far as the healing goes it is almost not even noticeable where I got cut. Really have to stare at it and know that I had gotten the implant to even see it. A year is what I have understood considering the time it takes for all of the nerves and flesh to heal.

I'll most likely wait a few more months for it to be near a year then just remove the old and replace with the new. Much appreciated for assisting with a better understanding on the different approaches that people take.
  12. I had my first sensations immediately after installation, when I got home. It's gotten slightly more sensitive since then, but for the most part I have to get pretty close to anything to feel it - a spinning hard drive I can feel from about an inch or two at most. This is with two Haworth magnets, one in the index and one in the ring finger. Looking forward to upgrading to the M31 implants ASAP, hoping for much more sensitivity with those.
Displaying all 12 comments