The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

last few check before install

so for anyone following my other thread i have finally received my correct parylene coated magnets from supermagnetman.

just wanna know if what i have here is correct to prepare for the install.

1. throw them in some saline solution for a few days and see if bubbles develop on the surface to verify integrity of the coating.

2. sterilize with (insert here)

3. install?

i wasnt sure if alcohol is sufficient, im guessing ill need something else as well.

i used a bit of glue stick it to the pad of my finger and ran along the stove, kettle, toaster, etc and i can feel it even without being inside my finger, pretty cool stuff, cant wait now !

Comments

Displaying all 2 comments
  1. sterilize with 70% isopropyl alcohol (or ethanol).

i hope you removed the glue without messing with the coating.
  2. Holy shit I can't spell haha. I'm not reusing the one I glued on, I have new ones.
Displaying all 2 comments