The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

NFC chip, at hand, or shall I say fingertips?

Near field communication works via radiowaves, are they small enough to put in your fingers, ie. passcard, indoor keys, oyster travelcard etc.

Comments

Displaying all 7 comments
  1. Found this: http://dangerousthings.com/shop/xnt-ntag216-2x12mm-glass-tag/
  2. Hand, if you choose a different part it would be extremely easy to break
  3. Actually, @Amal (from DangerousThings) and I did some tests on these at the lab that I work at. We found that even under intense pressure that resulted in crushing and destroying the implant site, the tags themselves were still intact and functional.
  4. True, we did some awesome crush testing; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.724775804207300.1073741835.521754531176096&type=1

I would still recommend though that these tags not go into fingers or directly under or near any gripping surfaces in the body.
  5. Hey guys I am just getting into nfc considering implant chip but if you guys are interested in getting any stickers let me know I am sourcing about 50,000 ntag 213 215 Orr 216 stickers I would gladly sample a few out to some of you to play woth to see if the functionality is worth the implant. They are cool to stick around for random functions as well. I use them in my business cards and all a ton of printed content for work.
  6. I am getting them for under a dollar so I'm talking a free tag to play with cent maybe shipping lol so perhaps of you PayPal me a dollar or something I'll ship you some.
  7. Yes please atrocious00
Displaying all 7 comments