The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Newbie here, hopefully intro posts are okay because that's what this is!

Howdy! I know intro posts can be tacky, but I find the sorts of comments you get from them are a good way to take the temperature of a new community.

Besides some pretty basic stuff, I'm pretty new to the whole concept. Vitamins, supplements, prescribed meds and random stuff that's not even supposed to be medicinal has such a huge effect on our minds and bodies, it doesn't take a PhD to figure out it's important to pay attention to what goes into our bodies and take an active role in fine tuning and personalizing it. I know to eat my veggies and everything, but I want to learn from people who have tried it all and have stories to tell.

And I'm especially interested in how to best self-advocate when MDs try to box a patient into a certain treatment that the patient already knows doesn't work for them. I know this can be thin ice, but when experience tells you that something outside the norm works better than what the latest literature says, what are good ways to stand up and do things the way you want them to be done (Nothing crazy here; only talking about meds that have fallen out of favor or dosages outside the normal range. Stuff that makes doctors cringe but if you've tried everything you know what works)

That's another story though. I've still got a lot to learn about everything.