The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Tragus Implant and Radio Set

Sorry that the site is in German. And sorry for making some mistakes.

We had at work this:
https://www.motorolasolutions.com/content/dam/msi/docs/de_xc/products/mototrbo/mototrbo_sl1600_spec_sheet_german.pdf

At the moment I don't have a tragus magnet implant. I'm thinking about to get one, if this would be possible.

First I go this headset: PMLN7156 , because I'm wearing glasses - having an In-Ear headphone for 6 or 12 hours in my ear - it was a nightmare. My ear starts to itch - I need to clean it every day - it looks like that I never cleaned my ears.

Glad it was possible to get this set: PMLN7189 - this set is normally for people without glasses. Works better for me.

We communicate with the microphone, which is included in the headset. My question is would it be possible to use a tragus implant with this headset. I can hide the amplifer for the magnets unter my Shirt - we are having Polo-Shirts at work and so no one would be able to see it (its forbidden at work to have rings, piercings,...)

Greetings from Austria

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. Just to make sure I understand, here is your goal:

-Wear the PMLN7189 headset with the ear-hook speaker, but not playing sound, only for show.
    -Tragus implant magnet is really playing sound, and is being powered by a amplifier on a necklace coil hidden inside your shirt.
    -Still use the microphone on the PMLN7189 to talk.

Is that right?

2. You know, I'd like to do something similar. I'm working on a new design specifically for the tragus. I know that having an ear piece.. and a magnet seems superfluous. But, I don't care at all about having a hidden speaker. What I think would be awesome is using the tragus magnet like AR gogles are to the eyes.

Normally, wearing headphones limits your normal hearing function. But tragus don't block anything. The coil could be attached to something which picks up sounds outside normal hearing range. It could convert the sounds to something we can hear.
    Also, as a private interface.. alarms and timers. Reminders etc.

3. @Satur9 said:
    Just to make sure I understand, here is your goal:

-Wear the PMLN7189 headset with the ear-hook speaker, but not playing sound, only for show.
    -Tragus implant magnet is really playing sound, and is being powered by a amplifier on a necklace coil hidden inside your shirt.
    -Still use the microphone on the PMLN7189 to talk.

Is that right?

I don't have the Tragus Implant yet, I will buy two magnets, when I know if it is possible.

The problem is how can I connect the amlifier with the radio set. I don't like to have an earphone. In the delicatess department it is very loud so the oven for the bread and rolls make a sound. A headphone on one war, talkin with the customers,.. is sometimes a bit difficult.

Displaying all 3 comments