The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Access to PVD and Parylene coating equipment

There is a rather advanced lab nearby that allows access to the general public at reasonable hourly rates. It's called the Singh Center for Nanotechnology:

https://www.nano.upenn.edu/resources/quattrone-nanofabrication/equipment/

They have a few Lesker physical vapor deposition machines and a Parylene deposition system (among other things). I can bring in materials for the PVD (like Titanium Nitride) as long as the staff vet it first. I would just need to take an orientation training and then a training on each machine I want to use. After that it's at my discretion (pretty much 24/7).

An acquaintance of mine maintains the equipment. I was given a pretty in depth tour (got to see all the back rooms). It was very impressive.

Coatings isn't my biohacking area, I'm focusing more on the implantable tech. That said, I feel it's irresponsible to pass up this opportunity. If someone else is pursuing a project where access to this tech would be beneficial, I'm willing to help. Also, if anyone else is in the Philly area, lmk.