The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

David Ishee self-testing genetic modification for follistatin hormone

According to Ishee, "This expresses a hormone called follistatin 344, which inhibits many other hormones including myostatin. In adult mice this not only increases their muscle mass it also increases their heart health and longevity."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpo0YcvgsDE

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. I loved his talk at Defcon in '17. Looking forward to his report on the progress of this experiment. He and Josiah could do a panel about getting swole without lifting.

2. 100% interested in this topic of discussion.

3. I read about this research years ago when it first came out (the stuff on mice that is). This is really interesting, but since he isn't using a vector to insert the gene into the cell I don't know that it will be very effective. I mean I'll keep my fingers crossed, but it doesn't seem like a very effective approach unless I'm missing something.

Displaying all 3 comments