The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

will a magnet in my finger get pushed out of my body?

if i implant a magnet into a finger pad will it slowly through the years make its way to the surface and be forced out like a splinter? if so is there any way to prevent this. i want to get a magnet implant eventually but i dont want to have to redo it ever unless the magnet is damaged or is becoming demagnetized which in the latter scenario i would find a way to remagnetize it.

Comments

Displaying all 10 comments
  1. Only if the skin doesn’t heal. Usually it would be pushed out in the first couple weeks. Look through the wiki too. There’s a lot to learn before you try implanting. It’s not quite as easy or simple as it sounds.

2. What you can do is, going to a bodymod studio, so you are on the safe site.

3. I agree with @Sandra. It’ll be more expensive but they know what they’re doing.

4. Also, you could wait until mass adoption of the technology occurs and a company such as Google starts selling units.

5. I paid 200 Euros for the magnet and the implantation :)

6. @Cassox Google implants- with micro gps units to better tailor your advertisements

7. The magnets can't simply demagnetize, and you won't be able to magnetize them unless the core is heated up red-hot and you have a magnetic field comparable to an MRI machine. NdFeB magnets keep their magnetization for hundreds of years. If an implanted magnet loses its magnetic field, it's a sign that the coating failed and it's breaking down.

8. Thank you all. This has clarified some of my concerns. Does anyone know of a body mod place in michigan

9. What part of michigan/how far are you willing to travel?

10. about 1 hour anywhere from rose city up north or 2 hours from anywhere in the tri city area

Displaying all 10 comments