The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Polyurethane coating on N52s

Would it be safe to use an aerosol spray poly for a magnet implant coating?

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. https://www.mddionline.com/using-polyurethanes-medical-applicat

Judging by a quick google search, I highly doubt it.

2. @jebroad I ordered 20 of the SMM magnets. I am going to coat some using sodium silicate and aerogel. I put some of the aerogel in a rock tumbler a few months ago along with steel balls. I ran it for a month. When it came out I had a super fine powder. I will mix it with the sodium silicate and then test it. If all goes well I will implant one in my arm. After a year or so then take it out. If it looks good I will put one in the finger.

3. @puzbiks1 said:
    @jebroad I ordered 20 of the SMM magnets. I am going to coat some using sodium silicate and aerogel. I put some of the aerogel in a rock tumbler a few months ago along with steel balls. I ran it for a month. When it came out I had a super fine powder. I will mix it with the sodium silicate and then test it. If all goes well I will implant one in my arm. After a year or so then take it out. If it looks good I will put one in the finger.

Sounds pretty interesting, let me know how it goes.

Displaying all 3 comments